Effective as of Jan 14th, 2022.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, billing and mailing addresses, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Demographic data, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, and date of birth.
- Communications data that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Service or otherwise.
- Financial data, such as your financial account numbers or payment card information.
- Government-issued identification numbers, such as your driver’s license or state ID number and an image (front and back) of the relevant identification card.
- Claim information, such as accident details, including the time and place of the accident and any videos or photos you choose to submit regarding the accident.
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Platform partners, such as the rental entity providing you the vehicle that provides us with the relevant insurance policy information.
- Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, and other publicly available sources.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.
- Our affiliate partners, such as our affiliate network provider and publishers, influencers, and promoters who participate in our paid affiliate programs.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating analytics and online advertising. Our sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them). Some of these cookies are served by third party service providers or business partners and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits the Service and other online services.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Software Development Kits (SDKs), which are used to incorporate third party computer code into the Service that allows our third party service providers or advertising partners to collect data directly from the Service for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of the Service, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to the Service, or to facilitate online advertising.
- Session Replay Technologies. We use third party services provided by FullStory that employ software code to record users’ interactions with the Services in a manner that allows us to watch DVR-like replays of those user sessions. The replays include users’ clicks, mobile app touches, mouse movements, scrolls [and keystrokes/key touches] during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. You can learn more about FullStory at https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy-policy and you can opt-out of session recording by FullStory at https://www.fullstory.com/optout/.
These technologies may be employed for the following purposes:
- Analytics. Help us understand how our services are performing and being used. These cookies may work with web beacons included in emails we send to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity on the Service. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies at https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies and about how Google protects your data at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Essential. Necessary to allow the technical operation of our services (e.g., remember preferences you set or information you entered on a previous page).
Data about others. Users of the Service may provide personal information about third parties in the course of submitting their claims. This personal information may include the third party’s contact information, date of birth, driver’s license (including a photo of the front and back), and other relevant information. Please do not share or disclose their personal information with to us unless you have their permission to do so.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- Communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- Provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
Retention. We retain personal information as necessary to perform services, to satisfy legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, for fraud prevention purposes and as otherwise permitted by law.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Insurance carriers. With the relevant insurance carrier and their agents, adjusters, or other relevant parties responsible for the liability coverage associated with your DigiSure insurance policy.
Platform providers. With the relevant third-party associated with your DigiSure insurance policy, such as the entity from which you rented your vehicle.
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Payment processors, merchant banks, and/or payment card brands. Any payment card information you use to make or receive a payment on the Service is collected and processed directly by our payment processors. You may also sign up to be billed by your mobile communications provider, who may use your payment data in accordance with their privacy policies.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, DigiSure or our subsidiaries (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have an insurance policy with us, you may review and update certain personal information by logging into the Service.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Mobile location data. You can disable our access to your device’s precise geolocation in your mobile device settings.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Delete your content or cancel your insurance. You can choose to delete certain personal information or you can request to cancel your insurance policy by contacting us.
Other Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
Mail: DigiSure Insurance Solutions, Inc., 1105 Burlingame Ave, Burlingame, CA 94010
Last updated: 01/11/2022